As Bay View approaches the second semester, the senior class has begun receiving college acceptances and commitments. Many members of the Class of 2022 cannot describe the surreal feeling of attending their dream school or college itself. Many students have experienced the indescribable feeling and excitement of receiving that acceptance letter.
Although all acceptances are not received until early April, the senior class is ecstatic about their new journey. Senior Sydney Noguiera explains, "I am definitely excited for college and getting away, but at the same time, that part can also be scary because you have to find a new sense of "home," you could say. I think the whole journey is very exciting. Especially the rush of opening your first acceptance letter. Although I might not know where I am going yet, I'm excited to start a new path in my life."
While some seniors are still awaiting responses from colleges, others have already heard back - from Early Action and Early Decision programs, commitments to play for a college athletic team or general admission. Senior Madyson Horton describes, "Having committed to a college sooner than expected, I'm sure it is clear that the thought of going off to college exhilarates me. My biggest fear is finding new friends, but I am extremely excited to find a roommate and get to know someone who could become a lifelong friend!" Madyson cannot wait to begin the next stage of her education at Salve Regina University.
Congratulations to all the students who have heard from colleges, and good luck to those who are waiting!
Here is a list of several students who have already heard about acceptances and made decisions for next year. As it is only February, we look forward to seeing where the rest of the Class of '22 goes!
- Madison Abood- Sacred Heart University
- Neisa Barbosa- New York University
- Caroline Barr- University of Central Florida
- Faith Blais- Springfield College
- Ace Chou- University of Rochester
- Via Dasilva- University of Rhode Island
- Emily Heath- Sacred Heart University
- Madyson Horton- Salve Regina University
- Maya Joncas- Smith College
- Emma Leary- Cornell University
- Morgan Macleod- Merrimack College
- Olivia Martin- College of the Holy Cross
- Emily McDonald- Hamilton College
- Victoria Miller-Tuchon- Bucknell University
- Simone Miranda- South Carolina State University
- Gabi Osario Palo- Georgia Tech
- Sabrina Randall- Seton Hall University
- Olivia Tracy- American University
- Amber Zheng- University of Virginia