Welcome back to Girl Power Roundup. This issue we will be focusing on successful self-made businesswomen. From the creator of Bumble to Beyoncé, these women are some of the most successful people in the world!
The first woman millionaire known to most is Madam CJ Walker. She was the first child in her family to be born free from being enslaved. She was orphaned at the young age of six and got married at fourteen. She had a daughter and was left a widow by her husband, Moses Mcwilliams. Walker soon got the courage to make her own brand of hair products, especially for women such as herself with a scalp disorder that caused her much hair loss. Her idea was successful, and her business grew and grew. She started a beauty school in Pittsburgh which she named after her daughter, A'Lelia. She started with a dollar in her pocket and grew to a long, lasting legacy!
Check out the links below to learn more about these successful self-made businesswomen!
- Forbes America Self Made Millionaires 2021
- Inside of Forbes 2021 America’s Richest Women
- 11 Young Self Made Successful Women
- Madam CJ Walker-History.com
- These 10 Female Self-Made Billionaires Will Inspire You To Achieve …
- The World Now Has 100 Self-Made Female Billionaires | Barron's