Happy New Year, and welcome to a brand new decade! In this month's Girl Power Roundup, we look forward to an exciting 2020 for women and girls, more firsts for women in sports, the arts and leadership, and news of progress in gender pay parity in our very own Rhode Island.
- 'Everybody Is Talking About It': Women's Rights to Take Centre Stage in 2020 (Guardian)
- Baltimore Museum of Art Will Only Acquire Works Created by Women in 2020 (New York Post)
- In Overlooked, the New York Times Continues Efforts to Bring Gender Balance to Its Historical Obituaries
- The Yankees Hired a Hitting Coach. Her Name Is Rachel. (New York Times)
- Lizzo Makes History as First Woman to Headline Bonnaroo (Teen Vogue)
- As First Woman to Win 'Original Score' Award Solo, 'Joker' Composer Hildur Guðnadóttir Makes History at Golden Globes (TIME Magazine) and Awkwafina Becomes First Asian Woman to Win Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Film (CBS News)
- Fighting Gender Inequality Through Music: Story of Meri Zindagi Band (CSR Journal)
- The First Woman Scholar to Translate ‘The Art of War’ Vastly Improves It (Medium)
- New NYPD Counterterrorism Chief Is First Woman to Lead Bureau (Wall Street Journal)
- Rhode Island Is One of the States With the Most-Equal Pay by Gender
Send stories you would like to see amplified to firstname.lastname@example.org.