Congratulations to our swim team on another amazing finish at the 33rd Annual St. Mary Academy - Bay View Swim Invitational!
The annual event, which has become an Academy tradition, took place on January 12th, 2019, at the Katherine Moran Coleman Aquatics Center at Brown University. It is the largest all-girls swim invitational in Rhode Island that welcomes swimmers from around southeastern New England to compete on the highest level.This year, there were a number of great achievements and accomplishments by the Bengals including a top 5 team finish.
Additional accomplishments include:
- Gianna Spremullo '20 achieving the highest overall point total for the meet, finishing 1st in both of her individual events for a total of 40 points. In addition, Gianna took home gold and broke a number of personal and team records in the 400 Free relay with a new record of 52.73, and the 100 Backstroke with a time of 56.62.
- Our Medley Relay, made up of Gianna Spremullo '20, Juliana Goncalves '20, Olesya Tamburro '19, Melina Cabral '20 finished in 1st place with a best time and team record of 1:53.14. They broke the old record from 2015 of 1:54.08.
- New Team Record in the 400 Free Relay, consisting of Gianna Spremullo '20, Olesya Tamburro '19, Melina Cabral '20, and Juliana Goncalves '20. They finished in 2nd place beating their previous record of 3:46.70 with a 3:45.59. All four swimmers had a best split time to achieve this final.
- Two, top 8 finishers in the 200 IM. Gianna Spremullo '20 took home 1st place and Juliana Goncalves '20 finished respectively in 7th place.
- 3rd Place finish for Juliana Goncalves '20 in the 100 Breaststroke.
- 4th Place finish for Olesya Tamburro '19 in the 500 Freestyle
- We had 16 best time overall swims!
Once again, congratulations to all of our swimmers and coaches!