After School Counselor
St. Mary Academy – Bay View is seeking a qualified individual to work in its After School Care Program. The candidate must enjoy being with children and maintain a professional demeanor and appearance as outlined in the personnel handbook. The After School Care Program runs from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. each day. The individual reports directly to the After School Care Director, who in turn reports to the Lower School Principal. The After School staff provide a safe and fun environment for the Lower School students attending the After School Care Program. Their role consists of supervising, participating in, and administering recreational, educational and age-appropriate activities for children.
- Working cooperatively with school and program staff.
- Maintaining accurate program documentation such as incident/accident reports, attendance and sign-in/sign-out procedures.
- Helping children with homework.
- Working together with coworkers to create a safe and friendly environment for the children.
- Interacting with the parents on a daily basis.
- Organizing the After School Care rooms.
- Any other duties requested and assigned by the After School Care Director and/or Principal.
Hours: This is a part-time position: 15 to 18 hours per week.
The individual must be available to work each day (Monday through Friday) until closing, from 2:00 to 5:30 p.m.
This is an hourly position.
Qualifications: Experience working with young children, ages 3 through 11. Commitment to all-girls education and Catholic school values and identity.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references, transcripts, and the employment application on bayviewacademy.org under Employment Opportunities to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Please do not apply through School Spring.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other class protected by federal or state law. St. Mary Academy – Bay View is subject to the provisions of the Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Act. St. Mary Academy – Bay View is a smoke-free workplace.