After School Care Position
St. Mary Academy – Bay View is seeking a qualified individual to work in its After School Care Program. The candidate must enjoy being with children and maintain a professional demeanor and appearance as outlined in the personnel handbook.
The After School Care Program runs from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. each day. The individual reports directly to the After School Care Director, who in turn reports to the Lower School Principal.
The After School staff provide a safe and fun environment for the Lower School students attending the After School Care Program. Their role consists of supervising, participating in, and administering recreational, educational and age-appropriate activities for children.
- Working cooperatively with school and program staff.
- Maintaining accurate program documentation such as incident/accident reports, attendance and sign-in/sign-out procedures.
- Helping children with homework.
- Working together with coworkers to create a safe and friendly environment for the children.
- Interacting with the parents on a daily basis.
- Organizing the After School Care rooms.
- Any other duties requested and assigned by the After School Care Director and/or Principal.
This is a non-teaching, part-time position: 15 to 18 hours per week. The individual must be available to work each day (Monday through Friday) until closing, from 2:00 to 5:30 p.m. This is an hourly position.
Experience working with young children, ages 3 through 11. Commitment to all-girls education and Catholic school values and identity.
To apply, please mail a cover letter, resume and completed non-teaching application to the address listed above or email to the Margaret Cummings, the Lower School Principal, at email@example.com.