- About Bay View
- Why Bay View
- Mission Statement
- Mission Integration
- Principals & Associate Principals
- Board of Trustees
- Sisters of Mercy
- Faculty and Staff
- Bay View Today Magazine
- History of Our Logo
- Employment Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Directions To Our Campus
- Press Kit
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School
The Admissions Process
Thank you in your interest in Bay View Academy. Please note that our admissions process for the Lower School (Pre-K through grade 5) is slightly different than the Middle School (grades 6 - 8) and the Upper School (grades 9 - 12). While the Academy has a rolling admissions policy which allows us to accept applications for all grades at any time, space permitting, there are incentives for early applicants which are noted in the Admissions Calendar
1. Campus Visit: The best way to get to know Bay View is to visit, so we encourage you to start your process by attending Open House on Sunday, October 4th or Tuesday, November 17th.
2. Application: You may apply for admission by clicking here. The $50 application fee is waived for daughters of Bay View alumnae. Credit card payments are accepted online.
3. Entrance Exam: All students applying to grades 6 through 10 are required to take an entrance exam. The Catholic High School Placement Test, or HSPT is administered to students entering grades 9 and 10 and the Educational Development Service or EDS is administered to girls entering Middle School. Applicants are strongly advised to take the Entrance Exam at their first choice school. The testing service will forward your results to other schools at your request. Students who take the exam at Bay View Academy will be given priority consideration for admissions and financial assistance. Registration for the exam is included in our online application.
4. Academic Transcripts: The Admissions Office will request transcripts and a teacher recommendation from the the applicant’s school after their application is received. A Transcript Release Form is included in our online application.
5. Application for Financial Assistance: St. Mary Academy - Bay View provides, on a limited basis, financial assistance to students entering Kindergarten through grade 12 with demonstrated need. Awards are based on the applicant's ability to pay tuition as determined by the information submitted on the application form to the FACTS Management Company. You may apply online at FACTS Management Company OR, if you prefer, paper applications are available in the Lower/Middle School Principal's Office, Admissions Office and Finance Office. The filing deadline is December 18, 2015 for priority consideration. Notifications will be issued on January 29, 2016.
6. Day at the Bay: Applicants to our Upper School are encouraged to spend a shadow day at Bay View. Applicants to grades 1 - 8 are required to visit to complete their application. Fall visits for all grades will begin the week of October 12 and will conclude November 20th. Limited visit days will be available in the spring, after the first round of acceptances have been mailed. Applicants must complete the Day At The Bay Form to make arrangements, which is available by clicking here or by clicking on the “Day at the Bay” button on our homepage.
7. Notification of Admission: The Admissions Committee meets to review applicant files when the application, transcript and teacher recommendation are received, and, for Middle School and Lower School Applicants, following a student’s Day at the Bay. The first round of letters indicating the Admissions Committee’s decisions will be mailed on January 29, 2016 for applicants to the Middle and Upper School. Letters of Early Acceptance for the Lower School will mailed on January 29 and Letters for Standard Acceptance to Lower School letters will be mailed on March 11, 2016.
Note to transfer students: Transfer candidates and their parents are invited to schedule a personal interview with the Director of Admissions and Principal as part of the admissions process. Transfer students may apply for September as well as mid-year enrollment in January. For more information, and to schedule an interview, please call Jan Cooney, Director of Admissions, at 401.434.0113 ext. 150.